One Americorps position is currently open. Position closes September 30. See below for information.
Flagstaff Cultural Partners
Marketing & Exhibition Coordinator
The Marketing & Exhibition Coordinator is a full-time Americorps member position (1700 hours total over an 11 month contract, plus a chance to renew for an additional 12 month contract). The position serves under the mentorship of the Deputy Director of the Coconino Center for the Arts. Nights and weekends are required regularly; hours per week vary between 32-40. You do NOT need to be an Americorps member to apply.
The Marketing & Exhibition Coordinator assists in developing and implementing a strong marketing and P.R. plan for all FCP programs, in the community and at the Coconino Center for the Arts (CCA). The position also provides support for art exhibitions at CCA, including planning and installation.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assists with planning and implementation of a robust marketing and P.R. plan to effectively promote FCP programs and the arts, culture and science community
- Designs printed and web-based graphics to promote FCP programs
- Assists with planning and implementation of art exhibitions at CCA (in the first year, this will be a small role, but will grow into a primary focus in the possible second year)
- Customer service
- Assists with membership recruitment and administration
- Provides event support for concerts, receptions, performances and events
- Assists with production of the Viola Awards program
- Customer service and education to the visiting public
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director
Skills Essential to this Position:
- Some graphic design experience or training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Computer proficiency, with specific proficiency in Microsoft Office, Web Editing and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Passionate belief in the importance of arts, culture, science and community
Stipend and Benefits:
This position is an Americorps position, and salary is paid through the Youth in Action Americorps office at Northern Arizona University. Americorps members receive a living stipend of $12,600 (gross annual stipend) and a $5,550 education award at the end of each year served (to be used for tuition or to pay student loans). Americorps members also can have their student loans deferred while in service. Health insurance and child care are provided through Americorps.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume no later than September 30, 2013, by email,to:
Executive Director, John Tannous